Apples and Peanut Butter

A Blog About Christ, Family, Home, Creativity and Frugal Living



Friday, June 8, 2012

Old Nightgown Upcycle

Finally, after months of neglect, I got my 2 youngest daughter's room cleaned up and organized.  I wanted to add a quick new touch to the room, so I came up with a new piece of art using an old nightgown, transparancy, and cupcake liner flower.





I loved the dainty flowers on this old nightgown, so I didn't want to just throw it away. If you can't tell, it is a light pink material with darker pink cute little flowers on it.  I thought it would look cute in the girl's room.

First, I cut out a piece of cardboard and cut out a piece of the nightgown to hot glue it to cover it.  Next, I used a transparancy page that I used to paint a tree limb on the girl's wall.  After I put all that in the frame, I knew it needed a little something extra.

After the little one got in my cabinet and helped herself to the cupcake liners and I found them lying on the living room floor, I almost threw them all away.  Luckily, I thought that I could use them for something.  So, I put together a little cupcake liner flower and hot glued it to the bottom right corner of the frame to add a little extra touch.


I think it turned out cute, considering the fact that I didn't spend any money at all and have a new piece of art for their room.
I Heart Nap TimeSumo's Sweet Stuffmop it up mondaysPink Hippo Partytoastie studioBLOG TITLEThe Shabby NestSweet Sharing Monday Link Party

28 comments:

  1. Adorable! And what a great way to recycle things around the house. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute!! I love the cupcake liner flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the owls and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, and a great way to hang onto the memories of the pretty little nightgown. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, check out Etcetorize. Party starts later tonight..would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo sweet! Love that you used your daughter's nightgown! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party tomorrow!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! New follower from Mom's Monday Mingle! Would love a follow back and I look forward to reading more from your blog!
    http://mjsproductreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, found you on Mom's Monday Mingle. Love the recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! I have kept so many of my children's clothing for sentimental reasons. This is a great use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! What a great idea! Especially since kids outgrow their clothes so quickly! Great job!
    XO, Barbara
    http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love this!! I'm such a fan of upcycling. Following you back from http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/ Thanks for stopping by and checking us out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found this via Craft-O-Maniac and gotta say, this is really cute. I often see pretty fabrics and think … "what to do with them?" … I think, now I will begin to frame some and hang them up to show them everybody!

    Elena { Midsommarflicka }
    http://soitwasweekend.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is darling. I love that it adds both texture and dimension to your already cute owl art. And the littles grow out of clothes so fast, these is a fun way to remember a favorite article of clothing. My kids love revisiting their outgrown clothes, sometimes to my frustration. :)

    I followed you over from the Heatherly Loves linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea!! I am totally going to be on the lookout for clothes from my kids that could be turned into art. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea - saw you on linky party. My post this week is about using a photo frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came over from DIY to see the nightgown makeover. Such a cute idea. When I was young, my granny would make me beautiful gowns with hand-tatted lace. When they wore out, they were tossed. I wish I had them back now!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great idea to use an old nightgown as the background!! It makes such a great keepsake!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, please link it up with me today at Wow Us Wednesday. Following you on linky followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so cute and easy, love that little flower. Thanks for linking with me.

      Delete
    2. Hello
      I finally got around to making an 'I've Been Featured!' button and the code is on my blog if you would like to grab it for your blog. But don't feel obligated; I really liked this post!
      Thanks for linking with me,
      Connie

      Delete
  18. This is great! Way to re-use a nightgown!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this!!! What a cute decoration, and a great way to recycle something! I love taking old things and turning them into something completely new! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely LOOOOVE this. SUch a great way to keep something special around. Im your newst follower and thanks so much for swinging by Lake Cottage Dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such an awesome idea! Love the owls. I'm a new follower from mom's mingle, I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am your newest follower! I love this idea! I found you through the Melrose Family blog spotlight! Nice job! Check out my blog if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely darling! Saw your feature and came to check out your blog. It is so cute! I am your newest follower. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!